Big Blue Marble Academy is Now Hiring Special People to Make an Impact on a Child’s Life!
Do you have a little bit of quirkiness to spark a child's imagination? Do you have the ability to read a story with lots of interruptions? Some knowledge of princesses, superheroes and ninja turtles may also be helpful along with a top-notch Pinterest Board! If you have these skills, and are prepared to feel loved, special and important to so many children and their families, we may have just the job for you!
Big Blue Marble Academy is searching for a career-minded educator with the desire to lead children into the 21st Century. Our program encompasses a unique curriculum with age-appropriate enrichments, including baby sign language and foreign language. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter, have strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Our teams are dedicated to supporting our mission and branding of providing a global education for children of all ages.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Six months experience working in a licensed childcare facility
- Must pass background checks
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children’s needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child’s level, and sitting on the floor and getting up
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day.
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Classroom Management: Following our global education curriculum, branding and age-appropriate learning techniques as outlined. Planning, supervising, and implementing the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of Big Blue Marble Academy Showing evidence of curriculum throughout the classroom through children’s projects.
- Operations and Compliance: Follow all procedures for compliance, including but not limited to tracking and transitions. Maintain cleanliness of classroom and other areas as assigned.
- Team player: Must be flexible and able to help other team members as needed.
- Communication and Customer Service: Develop rapport with parents and caregivers about the goals and successes of the children in your class. Use required daily activity reports, either written or electronic, to communicate about each child’s daily activity. The ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with children, directors, peers and parents. Maintain professionalism, superior customer service and confidentiality.
We offer a team environment that supports the learning success of children! We offer health, dental and vision insurance, and life insurance for full-time, eligible employees. We have voluntary benefits available for Short-term Disability, Accident Plan, Critical Illness/Cancer Plans. We offer child care discounts, referral credits and PTO plans. Our company offers opportunity for growth and on-the-job training to further your career in childcare.