After School Teacher
Big Blue Marble Academy is a growing childcare provider, with 27 community-based programs. We understand the importance of cross-cultural communication early in a child's education, and we play an important part in preparing children for the 21st Century.
We are looking for an after school teaching assistant to join our team. Qualified applicants must be capable of implementing age appropriate educational activities, great communication skills, and flexible to daily routines. We are looking for strong candidates, that want to be engaged with our students and committed to providing the superior care that Big Blue Marble is known for.
- Classroom Management and Program Implementation: Assisting with the planning, supervising, and implementing the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of Big Blue Marble Academy. This includes being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and learning environment of the after school destinations.
- Supervision, Care and Education: Ensuring the safety of the children in your class by following policy and procedures. Treating children with dignity and respect and meeting the needs of individual children with awareness of their interests, special talents and needs, cultural background, and individual learning styles.
- Communication: The ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with children, directors, peers and parents. Maintain professionalism, superior customer service and confidentiality.
- Hours required: Monday - Friday 2:00 - 6:30 pm.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma
- Must pass all background checks
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified
- Must be able to attend trainings and staff meetings
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children’s needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child’s level, and sitting on the floor and getting up
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day.
We offer a team environment that supports the learning success of children! This position is part-time and works well for college students and especially those seeking degrees in Early Childhood Education. Our company offers opportunity for growth and on-the-job training to further your career in childcare.