Part time afternoon Teachers
Big Blue Marble Academy is Now Hiring Special People to Make an Impact on a Child’s Life!
Do you have a little bit of quirkiness to spark a child's imagination? Do you have the ability to read a story with lots of interruptions? Some knowledge of princesses, superheroes and ninja turtles may also be helpful along with a top-notch Pinterest Board! If you have these skills, and are prepared to feel loved, special and important to so many children and their families, we may have just the job for you!
Big Blue Marble Academy is searching for a career-minded educator with the desire to lead children into the 21st Century. Our program encompasses a unique curriculum with age-appropriate enrichments, including baby sign language and foreign language. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter, have strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Our teams are dedicated to supporting our mission and branding of providing a global education for children of all ages.
We have several positions available. Afterschool Teacher- Responsible for a group of children Ages 5-12 years old. Provide educational opportunities for our Afterschool children. Assist children with homework, provide fun learning activities with excellent supervision. Position is Monday thru Friday from 2;00 pm to 6:30 pm. Clean Driving record needed. Three year old afternoon teacher position also needed 12:30-6:30
- Classroom Management: Following our global education curriculum, branding and age-appropriate learning techniques as outlined. Showing evidence of curriculum throughout the classroom through children’s projects.
- Communication and Customer Service: Develop rapport with parents and caregivers about the goals and successes of the children in your class. Use required daily activity reports, either written or electronic, to communicate about each child’s daily activity.
- Operations and Compliance: Follow all procedures for compliance, including but not limited to tracking and transitions. Maintain cleanliness of classroom and other areas as assigned.
- Team player: Must be flexible and able to help other team members as needed
- Six months working in a licensed childcare facility
- Candidate must also pass all background checks and meet state requirements
- Early Childhood Development 101 Credential or Associate’s Degree
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED
We offer a team environment that supports the learning success of children! We offer health, dental and vision insurance, and life insurance for full-time, eligible employees. We have voluntary benefits available for Short-term Disability, Accident Plan, and Critical Illness/Cancer Plans. We offer child care discounts, referral credits and PTO plans